Someone signed for the UPS delivery of my Apple TV

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new Apple TV remote off apple store app, apparently it got delivered to my house today I know nobody was home because my grandfather passed away last night and my entire family was at church I called ups and they told me to contact apple regarding not receiving my package. Funny thing is someone signed writing only JAL but I always sign my full name how do I contact apple regarding not recieving it?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
*then

Did you tell UPS that you didn't receive your package? Or did you tell them that someone else signed for it? Again, Apple isn't responsible for someone signing for your package from UPS at your home, and unless they just make an exception (which is very possible seeing as their customer service is 2nd to none), you might be SOL.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Easy I know your upset and sorry for your loss family and package

UPS is responsible if someone signed for the package they should know who that person is I would contact them again and get to the bottom of this

In the mean time if you have an iPhone download the Remote app and use it to control your Apple TV

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Easy I know your upset and sorry for your loss family and package

UPS is responsible if someone signed for the package they should know who that person is I would contact them again and get to the bottom of this

In the mean time if you have an iPhone download the Remote app and use it to control your Apple TV

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
or just replace the battery in your old remote

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I would also talk to UPS- Most neighborhoods have the same driver and they can probably shed some light on where it is- also maybe check with neighbors- possibly someone else signed for you

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for your loss.

If someone signed for the package and it wasn't you then it's on UPS.

Apple just sticks a label on it and sends it.

What do you think could have happened? Was someone waiting in front of your house and said they live their? Was it a stranger? How did they know to sign even a abbreviation of your name? If it was a stranger.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They said to contact apple than apple contacts ups and than ups will investigate

First of all, sorry to hear of your loss.

You bought the item from Apple. Apple contracted with UPS to deliver the product. All requests for investigation have to come from the carrier (UPS) customer (Apple). Contact Apple and explain what happened. Explain that you believe that someone fraudulently intercepted your delivery and ask them to investigate.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys I don't mean to come off upset i am fine I mean thank god it's only 19$ and not like hundreds but ya I found it odd when she told me to contact apple when it's clearly Ups fault and here is the status signed by JAL my names Jaleel Hamid and I use my full name on signatures and if my family was home they'd do third own name it's just upsetting because UPS ****ed up. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1388510530.737036.jpg

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
okay guys so GOOD NEWS apparently the damn UPS guy signed it himself and left the box on my porch behind my bag of salt hidden! what a guy almost made me go through all that just because he wanted to save his own damn time! thank you all for the HELP! i got my new remote kinda sucks its not in plastic tho so it doesn't get dirty but it came in this plastic cover which i can only really use it on the back because if i use it on the front it won't let me click the buttons! but I'm relieved

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
okay guys so GOOD NEWS apparently the damn UPS guy signed it himself and left the box on my porch behind my bag of salt hidden! what a guy almost made me go through all that just because he wanted to save his own damn time! thank you all for the HELP! i got my new remote kinda sucks its not in plastic tho so it doesn't get dirty but it came in this plastic cover which i can only really use it on the back because if i use it on the front it won't let me click the buttons! but I'm relieved

I'm glad everything worked out for you. I think it was actually smart of him to hide the package so nobody steals it.

This post was made by Tiffany

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So everything worked out and here is a thread that went way too far. There is a valuble lesson here even though you could not help being home because of your family loss which I feel bad for you about...From now on set alternative arrangements should you might not be home. I always have things like that sent to my office and not my house unless I know I am going to be home.