Mac Mini or iMac 27" ....whats the best Choice for me?
I'm currently faced with the decision iMac 27 "or Mac Mini!
What am I doing currently on my Winows PC:
- Surfing, e -mails, Adobe Photoshop edit .raw images , cut holiday Videos , Microsoft Office 2007 (Word , Excel , etc )
Gives me the Mac Mini i -7 enough Power for it or is the iMac 27 "i-5, GTX755M the better choice ? Use currently a 23" Dell monitor and would therefore less reliant on the 21.5 " iMac !
- 12-29-2013, 04:20 AM #2
Re: Mac Mini or iMac 27" ....whats the best Choice for me?
You will save A LOT by going with the Mini and it should prove capable of doing those things but you will definitely want to boost the RAM.
Since the Mini uses integrated graphics it leeches video RAM from system RAM and at the Mini's stock 4GB you might not have enough RAM to do any heavy duty photo/video editing work. A fully specced Mini will do those things but you won't be saving as much money anymore.
I would make the decision based on how much you want that monitor over the dedicated video card. The Mini's RAM can be upgraded aftermarket so you can roll it 5-6 mos if budget is an issue. If you think you will ever want that Thunderbolt Display though, there is no question that the iMac is a better deal.
Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4
- 12-29-2013, 07:21 AM #3
- By Harreh in forum iPad mini 2Replies: 4Last Post: 12-29-2013, 10:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2013, 04:28 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2013, 09:37 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2013, 07:28 PM