iPad Facebook for IOS5

I

iMore Question

Today we wiped our original iPad clean, as we are giving it to my mother-in-law. The problem I now realize is any apps that were originally on it such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. can no longer be downloaded from the App store, as they require at least IOS6.

Any recommendations on how to get around this, i.e. is there any way to download the older versions that will work with IOS5? If not, do you have a recommendation for another 3rd party IOS5 app that will integrate with Facebook.

Thank you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Steve

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Today we wiped our original iPad clean, as we are giving it to my mother-in-law. The problem I now realize is any apps that were originally on it such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. can no longer be downloaded from the App store, as they require at least IOS6.

Any recommendations on how to get around this, i.e. is there any way to download the older versions that will work with IOS5? If not, do you have a recommendation for another 3rd party IOS5 app that will integrate with Facebook.

Thank you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Steve

Why does the ipad have to be on iOS 5? Can't you update the OS to 6.0 or even 7?

steevrh

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I read the thread thanks and it looked promising. However, when I try to download Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest from the app store, it tells me I must upgrade to IOS6. There is no option to download an older version. The original iPad is running IOS 5.1.1 and says it is up to date when you try to update it.

steevrh

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I did back up the ipad to iTunes before I wiped it clean. I wonder if I should just restore it and then delete all the apps she doesn't need and then switch it over to her new apple id.