New to Macs

I

iMore Question

Hello!

I am getting ready to make the switch from my 4 year old HP laptop to either a 13inch retina macbook pro or macbook air. I'm wanting to get the biggest bang for my buck without investing in a lot of add on's. However, I do want this to last 3-4 years. I am currently using 79GB out of 286GB on my current hard drive. Am I correct in assuming 128GB will be enough for my needs? I save quite a bit of my stuff in Dropbox and can purge a lot of my current documents and crap I have accumulated over the last 4 years. I have about 1000 songs in iTunes and don't really plan on doing a lot of photo or video editing. I basically just need something that will help me get my homework done and be easy to carry on campus. I understand the rMBP is half a pound heavier, but I think it will be feather-lite after carrying around my 8lb brick! :) Any advice will be appreciated as I am clearly new to the mac world. Also, is there anything else I need to be taking into consideration?

Other things: I own an iPad already, if that matters.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the 128 would be fine. I would go to the store and use both to see which you like better. If you are not doing photo editing then you may not need the retina. Go look at them side by side to compare. Either one would easily last you 4 plus years.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2