My jailbroken iPod is stuck on a loading screen. Help!
My brother had an iPod touch (3rd gen) that is jailbroken. I bought it from him and I wanted to reset it, so I could start from scratch. I went into settings on it and selected "erase all content and settings" and it turned to a black screen with a loading status symbol. I can't get it to do anything. I have tried holding down the power button, the home button, the home and power buttons together, I've plugged it into my computer and it won't register in my computer or in iTunes. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in on both the computer, and the iPod. I also tried three different usb ports. Nothing happens. I would really appreciate and advice.
- 12-21-2013, 11:10 AM #2
Re: My jailbroken iPod is stuck on a loading screen. Help!
Hello, Welcome to iMore ... To properly restore you will need to put your iPod touch in DFU mode, I have included the steps below:
1.Connect your device to the computer. In order to enter DFU mode, your device must be connected to a computer with the USB cable. Make sure that iTunes is running.
2.Turn your device off. Press and hold the Power button until the Power slider appears. Slide it to the right to turn the device off. Wait for your device to completely power down before continuing.
3. Press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
4. Press the Home button. After the first 3 seconds, press and hold the Home button while continuing to hold the Power button. Do this for 10 seconds.
5. Release the Power button. After exactly 10 seconds of holding both buttons, release the Power button but continue holding the Home button. After a few seconds, a message will appear in iTunes letting you know that the device has been detected. The device’s screen will remain blank if done successfully.
- By zeravla531 in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 4Last Post: 09-18-2014, 01:38 AM
- By kataran in forum iPhone 5Replies: 8Last Post: 12-21-2013, 11:12 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2013, 08:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2013, 06:44 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2013, 05:30 PM