Syncing new device to iTunes
I just upgraded my 3GS to the new 5s. When I purchased my new phone, the store transferred all my apps, contacts, etc. from the old phone to the new one. I am now syncing to iTunes for the first time with this phone and am given the option to set up as new or to restore from iPhone. Which should I do? I do not use iCloud. Suggestions would be appreciated.
- 12-20-2013, 08:58 PM #2
Re: Syncing new device to iTunes
If you are using iTunes once you tether the new phone to iTunes it will as you said asak you how to set it up.... Choose set up as new for a totally clean install. Afterwards it will also along the way ask you to turn on Find My Phone - YES It will ask you to turn on iCloud - YES and then when all done, start selecting your apps to install where you will see them appear in the panels depending how many apps. Also you can go to the top and choose photos from your PC and hopefully it would be nice if they were in folders. You can choose videos, music and wherever else is on top and start syncing. One the sync is done you are ready to start playing around to set wallpaper, your ID Touch and your fingerprints and any special sounds or pics for special contacts. Good luck and if you need anything else just ask.
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-30-2014, 03:24 PM
- By route664 in forum iOS 7Replies: 5Last Post: 12-27-2013, 09:48 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-25-2013, 02:53 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2013, 11:50 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-20-2013, 11:30 AM