Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Syncing new device to iTunes

I just upgraded my 3GS to the new 5s. When I purchased my new phone, the store transferred all my apps, contacts, etc. from the old phone to the new one. I am now syncing to iTunes for the first time with this phone and am given the option to set up as new or to restore from iPhone. Which should I do? I do not use iCloud. Suggestions would be appreciated.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

Default Re: Syncing new device to iTunes

If you are using iTunes once you tether the new phone to iTunes it will as you said asak you how to set it up.... Choose set up as new for a totally clean install. Afterwards it will also along the way ask you to turn on Find My Phone - YES It will ask you to turn on iCloud - YES and then when all done, start selecting your apps to install where you will see them appear in the panels depending how many apps. Also you can go to the top and choose photos from your PC and hopefully it would be nice if they were in folders. You can choose videos, music and wherever else is on top and start syncing. One the sync is done you are ready to start playing around to set wallpaper, your ID Touch and your fingerprints and any special sounds or pics for special contacts. Good luck and if you need anything else just ask.