Can't decide between Ipad or mac for my wife

I

iMore Question

My wife is not real good on the computer and all she really needs it for is her itunes, storing pictures and face Book and to back up her Iphone. She needs to be able to easily access her pics back ups etc. What one would be best for her?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
An iPad is not a back-up device for iPhones... iTunes and its sync capabilities depend on a computer as being the point all iDevices sync to...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife is not real good on the computer
Well that narrows it down it bit...:)
and all she really needs it for is her itunes, storing pictures and face Book and to back up her Iphone.
She can use the iPad to make purchases and rentals via iTunes. If she enables photo stream on the iPad, that is sorta like a backup, but I HIGHLY recommend that she use some sort of external or cloud storage for safe keeping, whether you opt to get her the iPad or the MacBook. As for Facebook, she can access it via the iPad's browser or via the iOS Facebook app.
She needs to be able to easily access her pics back ups etc. What one would be best for her?
If she uses an external storage drive or a cloud service then having access to her backup photos etcetera is fairly easy. If you're referring to the backup of her iPhone as a whole, neither device will allow her to pick and choose what to restore. Anyway, from what I gather, she should be okay with an iPad.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Later for my Wife (only kidding) SMILE, I was wondering about this for myself. Thanks guys for the info....A Mac it is.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner