confused about chargers

I

iMore Question

The little white (or multicolor) blocks for ac charging that are not manufactured by Apple, do not seem to charge nearly as fast as the Apple. Are the amps, volts or watts different?
What is the standard for the iphone 5?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
iPhones use the 5W charger.
Which is 5 volts 1amp =5 watts

As Chris replied everything goes up from there. Like the iPad 4 charger is also 5 volts but with 2 amps = 10 watts :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also the iPad mini charger is of course larger too. i can hear people asking this question because I did.

To save in switching chargers between your iPad and iPhone can you use the iPad chargers to charge your iPhone...The short answer is yes but Apple DOES NOT recommend it but the other way around and use the smaller to charge your iPhone for the iPad as well. It may take a bit longer but won't damage your iphone by using the larger iPad charger.

Also I notice myself since i have enough outlets and a kind of designated area to charge my Phone and pad, Feel how warm the iPad charger gets and you will know why Apple does not recommend it for your iPhone. Sorry to carry on but I thought it was worth mentioning.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Also the iPad mini charger is of course larger too. i can hear people asking this question because I did.

To save in switching chargers between your iPad and iPhone can you use the iPad chargers to charge your iPhone...The short answer is yes but Apple DOES NOT recommend it but the other way around and use the smaller to charge your iPhone for the iPad as well. It may take a bit longer but won't damage your iphone by using the larger iPad charger.

Also I notice myself since i have enough outlets and a kind of designated area to charge my Phone and pad, Feel how warm the iPad charger gets and you will know why Apple does not recommend it for your iPhone. Sorry to carry on but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
While we are on this subject I was to lazy to take the charger out of my i5s box so I've been using my i5 charger so at least now I know it doesn't make a difference

Sent from my iPhone 5 on wifi

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
About a year ago I bought the wall outlet pates that gave USB plugs built in. I haven't used the bricks in a long time

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I like this one nice price
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1387507753.735124.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads