Flash Player

I

iMore Question

IPhone application support offers Flash player application for sale, once you buy it, you cannot use it ..)))
I am missing on a lot of webinars that i cannot listen to on my IPhone. I bought Photon applic which is mostly useless. What application can I buy to bring the solution?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People keep saying this but practically every site on the internet still uses Flash, sadly. It just so happens they use fallbacks as well lol.

I think we have come to a point where there is a very clear distinction between computer internet and mobile internet. There's really no reason for anyone to remove flash on computer internet sites (or further develop and update existing ones), but the tech in the mobile world is a limping dinosaur that has already been replaced, or at the very least worked around optimally.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I think we have come to a point where there is a very clear distinction between computer internet and mobile internet. There's really no reason for anyone to remove flash on computer internet sites (or further develop and update existing ones), but the tech in the mobile world is a limping dinosaur that has already been replaced, or at the very least worked around optimally.

Sadly, you can download it on Android but not iOS. C'mon Apple.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, you can download it on Android but not iOS. C'mon Apple.

Apple has stood by their option to not support flash from the get go...and all the other OS developers are moving in that direction (this was announced last year I believe). And while HTML5 support seems to also be something the developers want to stray away from, my guess is we'll see a new functionality birthed from this situation very soon. Apple isn't behind on anything, they're holding their ground in the hopes of letting this ancient tech die, or at least grow into something better.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Apple has stood by their option to not support flash from the get go...and all the other OS developers are moving in that direction (this was announced last year I believe). And while HTML5 support seems to also be something the developers want to stray away from, my guess is we'll see a new functionality birthed from this situation very soon. Apple isn't behind on anything, they're holding their ground in the hopes of letting this ancient tech die, or at least grow into something better.

I personally wouldn't mind adobe flash for video playback only on the iPhone, but for games it's not worth it on a phone.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I agree. However the problem I run into is when trying to access video websites that still only use flash. Yes, it needs to die, but I'm still locked out of some sites that don't get with the program. I think the OP's point was he was looking for a workaround to still get him access to such content.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR