iPhone Text Notifications Not Working When iPad is in Use

detviking

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I am having this strange problem after I switched from my 4s to my new 5s and I can't figure it out. Whenever I am on my iPad or Macbook Air the notifications on my iPhone aren't going off properly. Now I can understand iMessage not going off because I have either my iPad or macbook on, but my texts aren't aren't giving me a notification on my phone.

Any ideas?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I am having this strange problem after I switched from my 4s to my new 5s and I can't figure it out. Whenever I am on my iPad or Macbook Air the notifications on my iPhone aren't going off properly. Now I can understand iMessage not going off because I have either my iPad or macbook on, but my texts aren't aren't giving me a notification on my phone.

Any ideas?

Congratulations on your new phone! Go back to your settings again on your new iPhone 5s. You may have missed turning the sounds on. Set a sound for your iMessage and you will be able to hear on all your devices. They will all notify you as long as you have a sound set regardless of what device you are using.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have iOS 7 on them and they are signed in to iMessage then if the messages appear on the iPad or Mac the alert will clear from the phone. It's iMessage sync which happens through iCloud. All the devices have all the messages but it saves the user from reading an iMessage on their iPad or Mac but have to read it again on the phone to clear the notification.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

detviking

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
If you have iOS 7 on them and they are signed in to iMessage then if the messages appear on the iPad or Mac the alert will clear from the phone. It's iMessage sync which happens through iCloud. All the devices have all the messages but it saves the user from reading an iMessage on their iPad or Mac but have to read it again on the phone to clear the notification.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

I appreciate the quick response, but if you read the third sentence I state that the problem isn't just with iMessage, but with texts.

detviking

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone! Go back to your settings again on your new iPhone 5s. You may have missed turning the sounds on. Set a sound for your iMessage and you will be able to hear on all your devices. They will all notify you as long as you have a sound set regardless of what device you are using.

You were close, but your advice did lead me down the right path. I went into the sound settings to double check that everything was on and it was. But, when I was in the settings I noticed that do not disturb was on even though I didn't turn it on. For some reason when I activated my new phone it must have come on, I bumped it, or something else. It is working now. Thanks for you help.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You were close, but your advice did lead me down the right path. I went into the sound settings to double check that everything was on and it was. But, when I was in the settings I noticed that do not disturb was on even though I didn't turn it on. For some reason when I activated my new phone it must have come on, I bumped it, or something else. It is working now. Thanks for you help.

Thanks for the update!! Hey I got you close lol!! I'm sure that was quite frustrating till you figured it out.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the quick response, but if you read the third sentence I state that the problem isn't just with iMessage, but with texts.
It all comes from the same app though be it iMessage or SMS however the advice you received got you there and you worked it out so that was the objective right? That is why we have this forum ot thread actually. Glad to hear you got all of this worked out and can hear everything going off again.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods