Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question
    iMore Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    So, my plan with Fido is coming to an end: I'm on a unlimited plan, which includes: the whole Canada is a local zone, unlimited u.s. calling and messaging, visual voice mail package, and 6GB of data. after taxes -it's costing me $105.00. and this is with an iPhone 4.
    My wife is on Mobilicity, and has basically the same thing, just not with an iPhone, and she doesn't have the "entire Canada is a local zone" her monthly cost after taxes - $40.00.
    So my question : who is best to go with for this type plan if I want to keep using an iPhone?
  2. #2  

    Default re: My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    That's hard to answer. What type of plan do you 'need'? Do you have to have a plan that includes all of Canada and/or all of the U.S. as a local calling zone? How is wireless coverage in your primary area of use with the available carriers? What is your financial limitation? All of these questions have to be answered by you.
  3. #3  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,166 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

    Default re: My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    So, my plan with Fido is coming to an end: I'm on a unlimited plan, which includes: the whole Canada is a local zone, unlimited u.s. calling and messaging, visual voice mail package, and 6GB of data. after taxes -it's costing me $105.00. and this is with an iPhone 4.
    My wife is on Mobilicity, and has basically the same thing, just not with an iPhone, and she doesn't have the "entire Canada is a local zone" her monthly cost after taxes - $40.00.
    So my question : who is best to go with for this type plan if I want to keep using an iPhone?
    I would say stay with that plan. Mobilicity is currently for sale and no one knows what their future is going to be like. The only problem is if you upgrade your iPhone with fido you have to get a new 2 year plan and I don't think they offer 6 GB of data on any of their new 2 year plans. Also I've heard of some people that had to get a new plan even when they brought in their own unlocked device including iPhones that were bought at Apple stores unlocked not 100% sure on this though. Just remember mobilicity doesn't have LTE.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
  4. #4  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    7,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

    Default re: My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    I have a friend who uses Wind and likes it. He has 10GB data for $35 a month and just a regular plan. Your plan sounds heavy but I don't call much so my plan is much smaller. The thing I like about Fido is the Fido dollars which is a perk no other carrier offers that I know. Bell's customer service sucks, Telus reception sucks and Rogers is basically Fido with more expensive plans. Yes I have used them all.


    Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
  5. #5  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    7,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,341 Global Posts

    Default re: My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    I would say stay with that plan. Mobilicity is currently for sale and no one knows what their future is going to be like. The only problem is if you upgrade your iPhone with fido you have to get a new 2 year plan and I don't think they offer 6 GB of data on any of their new 2 year plans. Also I've heard of some people that had to get a new plan even when they brought in their own unlocked device including iPhones that were bought at Apple stores unlocked not 100% sure on this though. Just remember mobilicity doesn't have LTE.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    If you buy your phone factory unlocked you don't have to get a new contract. I have done that for over 10 years now and I've never been on contract. Fido will call and offer you services without telling you that getting it opts you in to a plan. They have done that to me before. Otherwise they can't force you to be on contract.


    Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
  6. #6  
    acerace113's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,166 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

    Default re: My plan with Fido is coming to an end

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    If you buy your phone factory unlocked you don't have to get a new contract. I have done that for over 10 years now and I've never been on contract. Fido will call and offer you services without telling you that getting it opts you in to a plan. They have done that to me before. Otherwise they can't force you to be on contract.


    Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
    I know they shouldn't force you onto a contract with an unlocked phone especially if you are off contract but with these new 2 year plans some carriers are being sneaky.


    Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 07:33 PM
  2. All my files + applications disappeared
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
  4. Hoping to get a Mac Pro soon? Plan on waiting until February!
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 02:50 PM
  5. Daedalus Touch text editor, updated for iOS 7, goes free with IAP
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions