Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

2 Posts

Default Photos in contact app

What is the point of having photos just by the side of your favourites?

If they can do that why not add it to the main contacts application too, with a switch to turn on and off. As far as I know there is an app on jailbroken phones that does this and it is very popular. Surely if Apple pick the better features of jailbroken apps and incorporate it into their ios it will discourage people from wanting to jailbreak.

I have found a cobooks app that doe display contacts with photos next to them, but it means passing your entire contacts list to their server ... which I am quite reluctact to do.

Is there any apps that just display your contacts with pics in list mode that do not require sending all your contacts to a 3rd party server?
    iMore Genius

20,842 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,723 Global Posts

Default Re: Photos in contact app

The native contacts app on a Mac will allow pictures with contacts and they sync to iCloud and iDevices.

You can also use the website for iCloud, and add pictures via the contacts app on that and it will in turn sync to anything you sync with iCloud.