Locked out of certain apps

kdewirth

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to redownload certain apps all of a sudden. This morning when I went to the App Store on my 4S I decided to download the 12 Days of Christmas app I had deleted off my phone a few days before. When I go to 'Updates' - 'Purchases' - 'Not on This Phone' I can see the app but the little cloud-with-arrow icon is just not there. Neither is the regular download button. Then I noticed that a few of my other previously downloaded and deleted apps are the same. Circle, Instagram, Snapchat and others are all the same...
Anyone ever experiment this? Any advice on what to do?
Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All of my previous purchases have the cloud icon next to them with the exception of the ones I have installed. Have you tried rebooting your device or log gin out of the iTunes & App Store and then logging back in?

kdewirth

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I figured it out. I had changed my preferences to Enable Restrictions on my Apps, Safari etc. This is why I could see the app in the app store but couldn't access them. I'm surprised Apple hasn't given us a way to override this setting if we choose or even to write 'Blocked' or something similar.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. I had changed my preferences to Enable Restrictions on my Apps, Safari etc. This is why I could see the app in the app store but couldn't access them. I'm surprised Apple hasn't given us a way to override this setting if we choose or even to write 'Blocked' or something similar.

Thank you for the update, and I'm glad you figured out what the problem was. Enjoy the rest of your evening...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox