Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Restoring Iphone 4

My iphone 4 recently switched off and wouldn't switch on. I was told to restore it suing the recovery mode method, which is what im doing at the moment. Everytime I plug in my iphone and it appears in itunes, and I click restore, the whole process starts out fine, but then itunes gets stuck on "waiting for iphone" and sometimes on "Verifying iphone restore with apple". there have been times when my iphone show the apple logo on a black screen, which a loading bar underneath, but that only lasts for a couple of seconds, and then the screen turns blue, or it just switches off. What should I do?

Default Re: Restoring Iphone 4

iMore Genius

3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

If your iPhone 4 was jailbroken then you need to place it into DFU mode and then restore. If you are unsure how to do that, click the link in my signature and follow the instructions. GL
    iMore Beginner

80 Posts

Also, depending on the firmware you are trying to restore to, this may be an issue. If you've backed up your SHSH blobs and aptickets with iFaith or TinyUmbrella, you can use iFaith to build a "signed" firmware and restore to it using Shift/Restore in iTunes while your iPhone is in a pwned DFU mode.