Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Elizabeth2
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default new monitor to go with my 15" macbook pro retina

I want to purchase a monitor to go with my new macbook pro 15" for use on my desktop at home. Any recommendations? I am willing to spend for top quality. Thank you.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: new monitor to go with my 15" macbook pro retina

Go buy yourself a nice 1080p plasma or LED TV...with the MBP's connection options now, you can get a really nice TV for a good price. The truth is these days, computer monitors are really nothing more than rebranded flat screen TV's anyways (when you compare specs).

Let's say you had $1,000 to spend on a monitor...I'd go look at one of the 1080p, LED smart TV's from either Sony or Samsung. 32" is a nice size for a desktop setup in my opinion (it's what we have in our office)...we tried a 42" on our desk but it was a bit too large when sitting close to the desk...32" proved perfect for that close distance, and it gave us some options we would have missed out on with the larger screen (all the smart TV functionality, and also, the ability to fit in on the desk itself without taking up too much room.
    iMore Genius

4,225 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,209 Global Posts

Default Re: new monitor to go with my 15" macbook pro retina

Apple Thunderbolt Display ...same resolution as your computer but nice size. It's a 27" display. Dell makes a 32" 4k monitor too. Oh how fun to have on your desk!!! I have the 27" and love them.
    taz323 likes this.