Lost everything

Kariymah1973

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I just restored my iphone 5 and all my music videos & ringtones that I have had for years is gone. I love my phone have fought with ppl about not wanting anything but the iphone but now my phone has become a great disappointment. What can I do

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Your ringtones and music should be in your iTunes library. Just plug phone into your computer and sync music and tones

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you make a backup prior to performing a restore? Did you restore with that particular backup? If your photos were synced via photostream then they should re-sync to your phone after you've reconfigured your phone with iCloud. If the music and videos were purchased via iTunes then go to the purchased section and simply re-download them. for future reference, always keep a backup of all of your important stuff in several locations, especially music, videos that were not purchased via iTunes and photos.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just restored my iphone 5 and all my music videos & ringtones that I have had for years is gone. I love my phone have fought with ppl about not wanting anything but the iphone but now my phone has become a great disappointment. What can I do

It all comes down to backing up your phone just like you would back up your computer. Unfortunately, if you don't back it up, and you end up losing everything, you can't really blame the device for it...these are consumer electronics, and you have to expect that problems will sometimes arise. My wife used to be really bad at doing backups before Time Machine made it an automated effort...she lost EVERYTHING on one of her computers years and years ago (several thousand dollars worth of very important documents and screenplays)...she was furious, but when it came down to it, it was all about back ups, and she is all over backing up devices now (verifying it every few days).

If you do have to regrettably start over...use this as a starting point to make sure backing up your device (and computers) is a priority for you...just like cleaning dishes or taking out garbage or taking a shower. You'll thank yourself if you find yourself in this situation ever again.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sean is correct on this and just to add multiple back-ups shouldn't be kept in the same place due to fire or water damage I actually keep a copy of my back-ups back-up at my Parents house

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal