receiving an iphone 5 for Christmas.

I

iMore Question

Hey imore!!! thanks for helping me out with my question! hopefully im not asking a stupid question whatsoever. first time on imore. =]
So, for xmas my girlfriend is getting the 5s on at&t and she currently has the 5 but the lock button is broken. she went into the apple store to see if she can fix the phone to give to me. the genius bar told her that she still has warranty under the phone and that they can get her a brand new iphone no problem. I on the other hand am a verizon costumer and was wondering if her new at&t iphone 5 would be compatible with my verizon number. question is, can she ask the apple rep that she needs a CDMA device? i know that apple likes to activate the device when you buy anything that coincides with the main carriers. my apologies if im bouncing around with my story and what not. im not tech savy when it comes to networks and how they run things.
thank you again for helping me out with my situation.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that's what the OP is asking though?they want to know if they can specify that the warranty replacement device be a CDMA model instead of GSM.

Answer is still probably no.

But even then it got great resale value. You could easily sell it and find the one you need elsewhere.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the OP's intent is to exchange the faulty AT&T device at an Apple Store for a Verizon one - all they can do is ask - Apple may do it - no guarantee... I wouldn't count on it...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If the OP's intent is to exchange the faulty AT&T device at an Apple Store for a Verizon one - all they can do is ask - Apple may do it - no guarantee... I wouldn't count on it...

I agree with you. The resale value for a new AT&T iPhone 5 is still very high since Apple stopped selling it. You can sell it if you want and buy a phone on Verizon.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree, selling the AT&T one and getting a Verizon (or unlocked, why not?) is your best option.

Good luck! and Welcome to the forum!! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73