Disable automatic passcode lock while on a call?
I am facing a recurrent situation, for which I desperately need a solution: I am participating in a long conference call, for which I muting my microphone, while I don't speak. When I need to contribute something, I unmute my line. But in the meantime the screen has often locked automatically and I need to unlock it first. Because there is additional security on my phone which requires a 12 character long password, typing in the password to unlock takes a moment. By the time I have unlocked and unmuted my line, the opportunity to jump into the discussion has passed.
Is there a way to disable the automatic passcode lock on IOS7 whilst on a phonecall?
- 12-06-2013, 08:57 AM #2
- 12-06-2013, 01:25 PM #3
- 12-06-2013, 01:29 PM #4
- 06-18-2015, 09:38 AM #5
- 06-18-2015, 10:06 AM #6
- 06-18-2015, 10:22 AM #7
- 09-24-2015, 09:24 AM #8iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Re: Disable automatic passcode lock while on a call?
Has anything changed with iOS 9.0.1? I have the same issue with using my iPhone on long conference calls and the need to mute and unmute. From the lock screen you can swipe on the phone number to bring up the call screen, but that ONLY works if you have not received any notifications while on the call. If you have, you'll be asked for your passcode and be taken to the app that last gave you notifications.
A mute/unmute button on the lock screen would be a huge help.
Though post 3 is a workaround, it's a lousy one. Fogetting to turn auto-lock back on could easily drain my phone if I drop it in my pocket and leave the screen on.
As for post 4, I'm still trying to find a headset that will work on an iPhone that has a mute switch. All the headsets that have mute switches are designed for PC and/or Game Console use and don't work with an iPhone.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 14Last Post: 08-11-2016, 09:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 21Last Post: 02-23-2015, 12:12 AM
- By scott7seven in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-06-2013, 09:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2013, 07:43 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2013, 03:50 PM