Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Post How can I bypass this error message -- The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated?

I would like to ask for assistance. What I'm going to do with my iPad,concerning of signing a free Apple id. But I cannot sign in because it says "The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated on this iPad." I need to know how to fix it.

Default Re: Maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated on my iPad.

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but just know that one Apple ID can be associated with up to 10 devices total so if you are trying to use it on more than 10 devices, you need to remove one of them or create a new Apple ID. If you're referring to a problem with iCloud, maybe the solution found via the following link will work for you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3558733?start=30&tstart=0
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,087 Global Posts

Interesting.

So does this mean that if a device was, for example, transferred to a fourth person (with a fourth different Apple ID), they would not be able to use the device under their Apple ID?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

You should be able to use it on any existing account if I'm not mistaken. You just can't create anymore new ones.
    iMore Nanite

yes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I bypass this error message -- The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated?

This is how i got around it:

##############
    FOR MAC USERS
    ##############

- Click on the apple icon
    Attachment 69486
    ( if you cant see this image - its the apple logo on the top left corner of your MAC screen)

- Click on System Preferences
    Select iCloud
    Attachment 69487,
    (If you cant see this image - Look for iCloud. Its generally on the 3rd Row in your system prefferences window

- enter your Apple ID.
    and select the services youd like to enable (FindMyphone etc).

- Once you have done this on the Mac - Simply go back to your iPhone/iPad and log in with same details and it should let you use that iCloud account and not show up with that ANNOYING error.

by doing this, Your iPhone/iPad thinks its been logged onto a iPhone/Ipad Previously which generally means that it was one of the "5" free accounts.

####################
    FOR WINDOWS USERS
    ####################

- Download iCloud through the apple site

- Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with the Apple ID you used to create your iCloud account. Select the iCloud services youd like to enable and click Apply.

- Once you have done this on a WINDOWS OS - Simply go back to your iPhone/iPad and log in with same details and it should let you use that iCloud account and not show up with that ANNOYING error.

by doing this, Your iPhone/iPad thinks its been logged onto a iPhone/Ipad Previously which generally means that it was one of the "5" free accounts.

I Hope this helps ^_^
    N3kro and Drake Lennon like this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How can I bypass this error message -- The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated?

how can i bypass this error message
    iMore Nanite

How can I bypass this error message -- The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ali mujtaba1 View Post
    How can I bypass this error message -- The maximum numbers of free accounts have been activated?
    Did you read the thread?
    iMore Nanite

Apple just give me a reason to hate his product.
    iMore Nanite

I have an iPhone 3GS and I lost my apple I'd so I had to create various new ones when I finally got it back it told me "you have activated the max apple I'd's" could you help
    iMore Nanite

If I go to apple store can they help
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by jeromedrawsings View Post
    This is how i got around it:

##############
    FOR MAC USERS
    ##############

- Click on the apple icon
    Attachment 69486
    ( if you cant see this image - its the apple logo on the top left corner of your MAC screen)

- Click on System Preferences
    Select iCloud
    Attachment 69487,
    (If you cant see this image - Look for iCloud. Its generally on the 3rd Row in your system prefferences window

- enter your Apple ID.
    and select the services you’d like to enable (FindMyphone etc).

- Once you have done this on the Mac - Simply go back to your iPhone/iPad and log in with same details and it should let you use that iCloud account and not show up with that ANNOYING error.

####################
    FOR WINDOWS USERS
    ####################

- Download iCloud through the apple site

- Open iCloud for Windows and sign in with the Apple ID you used to create your iCloud account. Select the iCloud services you’d like to enable and click Apply.

- Once you have done this on a WINDOWS OS - Simply go back to your iPhone/iPad and log in with same details and it should let you use that iCloud account and not show up with that ANNOYING error.

I Hope this helps ^_^
    logged just to say thank you, thank you, thank you
    iMore Nanite

sign in on other iphone with created apple id then sign out and sign in on your iphone again. is it OK?

Good Luck with your iphone. Lord_Masut on instagram
    iMore Nanite

Perfect Thankyou very much 👍
    iMore Nanite

Your apple id must be used to setup icloud on an ios or os x device before you can use icloud this appear when try login in windows laptop