text message colors

I

iMore Question

Why are the bubbles on I message GOLD when I text certain people...not all, only certain ones.

TRICKorDEVICE

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Post a photo. I've never heard of a gold message in the messages app. The colors should be green or blue. Green indicates SMS, blue indicates you're using iMessage.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I message assigns different colors to different conversations for different contacts...I'm not sure if there is a setting that you can assign colors, but I know this becomes very helpful, especially on the Macbook when using iMessage because you can differentiate responses without having to look to see who said what.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about iPhone? You must be seeing something that nobody else has ever seen since you capped GOLD to ask the question. I asked about the device because if you are using a phone which is jailbroken it could be conceivable if you are using a text app that allows color assigning? Otherwise won't happen on a new non jail broken phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious now too because none of my iPhone iMessages are different...only on my MBP...where I get that gold color with certain people in certain convos...

DtQAMnT.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta