How do i use the finger print scanner on my Iphone 5s with gloves?

I

iMore Question

hello,

i live in a cold state (the great state of Michigan) and i have to wear gloves in the winter. is there going to be a way to unlock my phone with gloves on any time soon? i originally thought what a great idea...and unless someone has an answer this might be the stupidest purchase of my life. I got an Iphone 5 thats 2 years old.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome, no you dont even need to unlock with finger print scanner because your iphone 5 just cant do that, fingerprint scanner is for the iphone 5s

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't see why it would be a stupid idea to buy an iPhone 5s just because of Michigan winters (I'm from there too). I wear gloves too and in that case you type in your pass code. I don't see Apple ever making a screen and touch ID that is glove compatible.

You don't have to have touch ID activated on your phone though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How would you like apple to create a fingerprint scanner with gloves? I would have to think its impossible. I guess if you want you can buy the gloves that don't cover the finger tips

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If your actual skin does not make direct contact with the scanners silicon disk it just does not read but then I suppose you got that message by now and I did not really need to even answer. :) Oh well I could not resist.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro