How do I turn off "find my iPhone " from my ipad air?

I

iMore Question

How do I turn off "find my iPhone " from my ipad air? My iPhone broke today and I was asked to turn off find my iPhone before iPhone can be repaired

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
re: How do I turn off "find my iPhone " from my ipad air?

you can't do it from the Air as far as I am aware. It has to be done on the phone so the best thing to do is take it in to an Apple store.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
re: How do I turn off "find my iPhone " from my ipad air?

What broke the screen?

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Via a computer, login to iCloud.com. After logging in, select the "Find my iPhone" option. Select the "All Devices" at the top center of the screen. If it is "Offline" then select "Remove from account". If it is still online, select "erase iPhone". This will cause your iPhone to be placed back in is native state with the Find My iPhone feature disabled. Other than that, you will have to do it from the iPhone itself if you don't want to lose any information.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
you can't do it from the Air as far as I am aware. It has to be done on the phone so the best thing to do is take it in to an Apple store.
I believe you can as I was at Best Buy over the weekend at Customer Service exchanging something and the person in front of me was returning an iPad air and the BB CS rep was turning off the Find My Phone first before he could exchange it and make sure it was wiped. So i believe as I said based on that you can do so. Is is simply going to as you to put in your Apple ID password to turn it off.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How do I turn off "find my iPhone " from my ipad air? My iPhone broke today and I was asked to turn off find my iPhone before iPhone can be repaired

If they are repairing the same phone this sounds sketchy tell them to give you a call when the repair is done and you will enter your password

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner