iTunes multiple libraries on Windows 8

I

iMore Question

Hi! How to launch iTunes for creating/choosing a library on Windows 8. Launching with shift-key pressed doesn't work.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you describe your problem we might be able to help? If you can't find your library after upgrading to another machine running Windows 8 look where you put the files. iTunes usually keeps all the library files etc. in the My Music folder under iTunes. In Windows 8 there's another folder in that location called iTunes Media and that is where it looks for the files in Windows 8. If you don't have your files there move them to the location. When you restart iTunes it will just automatically pick up all the files. Sorry if this doesn't help I was assuming what the problem is.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you describe your problem we might be able to help? If you can't find your library after upgrading to another machine running Windows 8 look where you put the files. iTunes usually keeps all the library files etc. in the My Music folder under iTunes. In Windows 8 there's another folder in that location called iTunes Media and that is where it looks for the files in Windows 8. If you don't have your files there move them to the location. When you restart iTunes it will just automatically pick up all the files. Sorry if this doesn't help I was assuming what the problem is.

He is asking how to get this pop up on windows 8:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386097091.476374.jpg
(The screen shot is from windows 7)
He is saying that he can't get it popup when he holds down the shift key as iTunes is launching on windows 8 like you can on windows 7 so he can create or choose a library for iTunes.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
He is asking how to get this pop up on windows 8:
View attachment 43639
(The screen shot is from windows 7)
He is saying that he can't get it popup when he holds down the shift key as iTunes is launching on windows 8 like you can on windows 7 so he can create or choose a library for iTunes.

I get it in Windows 8 so there isn't a Windows 8 issue. So without further info it's going to be hard to give anymore help. OP if you can post a screenshot we can try to help you further.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I get it in Windows 8 so there isn't a Windows 8 issue. So without further info it's going to be hard to give anymore help. OP if you can post a screenshot we can try to help you further.

And I'm assuming the process it still the same in windows 8/8.1 as it was in windows 7?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
And I'm assuming the process it still the same in windows 8/8.1 as it was in windows 7?

yes I opened iTunes and held down my shift button but it has to be done from the desktop not the Windows 8 tile looking screen. We need more info from the OP

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
yes I opened iTunes and held down my shift button but it has to be done from the desktop not the Windows 8 tile looking screen. We need more info from the OP

I've never used windows 8/8.1 so I have no idea how much has changed past the metro home screen but good to know for future reference. Hopefully the OP will post more info.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They have made some really confusing changes but from the desktop interface everything pretty much works the same. Yeah hopefully OP will post up more info because it could be so many things.

skripnigor

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your replies! What additional info should i post up? Here are screenshots of my desktop and of my iTunes after shift-double-tapping on the respective icon.

Attachments

• ?????? ?????? (2).png
    ?????? ?????? (2).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 789
  • ?????? ?????? (3).png
    ?????? ?????? (3).png
    404.8 KB · Views: 12,128

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your replies! What additional info should i post up? Here are screenshots of my desktop and of my iTunes after shift-double-tapping on the respective icon.

Double click on iTunes on the desktop then quickly press + hold down the shift key

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR