Can I restrict who can call on FaceTime?
My children have iPad's and I would like to be able to FaceTime them when i'm away on business, however, I'm concerned that anyone can initiate a video call with them without me or my wife knowing.
Is it possible to restrict who can call on FaceTime e.g. selected contacts or favourites? Parental controls appear to only offer the options to switch off FaceTime or to have it open to anyone who has the relevant e mail address. Surely it should be possible to restrict calls to and from specific approved contacts.
- 12-02-2013, 03:25 PM #2
- 12-02-2013, 03:26 PM #3
Re: Can I restrict who can call on FaceTime?
I don't believe that is possible, BUT that sounds like a great idea, perhaps a special app, or this might be something Apple would consider adding to make the devices more family friendly or to encourage more multi device family purchasing.
- 12-02-2013, 03:26 PM #4
- 12-02-2013, 03:28 PM #5
- By ScottyBoy_22 in forum Accessibility & Special NeedsReplies: 31Last Post: 05-07-2014, 03:09 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2013, 04:42 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2013, 02:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2013, 12:40 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2013, 10:50 AM