iMac 21.5" black screen on start up

I

iMore Question

Hi, almost every time, at least twice, when I start up my 2011 iMac from being completly off the initial start up process happens and then the screen goes completely blank, as if it's turned off, and I can still hear the machine working but can't see anything. I usually have to turn it off completely by holding down the power button and then starting it again. It usually takes at least 2 times of doing this to get it to stay on and allow me to use the machine.

It also does it some times when waking the machine from sleep. I know this isn't normal.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be and what i need to do to stop it happening as I may be looking to sell the machine but can't if it's acting up like it is at present.

Cheers

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've read that there is a firmware update available for mid 2011 iMacs I would check Apple's support page for your model.

#Naked Tuesday

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the keyboard buttons to dim and brighten the screen acts up too, make sure that isn't the problem. Turn it up as bright as you can 🔅🔆. Mine sometimes goes out and that's the problem. I guess it has a sensor in it and dims whenever the sun is shining in.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner