I have a 1979 school bus and have speakers throughout. The radio/head unit was taken out at some point. I would like to listen to ipad sounds through the existing speakers on the bus. Have access to speaker cables and a positive DC lead. What do I need to install to make my music dreams come true. Do not want to reinstall traditional radio. Can I just junction left front and rear and right front and rear and wire them to a 1/8" stereo adapter and plug them right into the headphone jack? Do I need some kind of signal booster?
    11-30-2013 01:56 PM
    Seriously? Okay.

1. A receiver of some sort
    2. Audio cables with one end that fits the earphone jack of the iPad and the other end to fit the receiver
    3. Music
    4. Speakers attached to the receiver.
    11-30-2013 02:11 PM
    Thanks team leader. I do not have a receiver, nor do I desire to purchase one.
    What are my options?
    11-30-2013 02:42 PM
    What are my options?
    I suppose you will have to figure out how to open up the iPad and connect your speaker wires to it somehow. I highly suggest that you NOT DO EITHER for safety reasons.
    11-30-2013 02:55 PM
    Connecting wires to am open iPad isn't that safe, but sounds like what you'll have to do. Can I see a picture of your bus?!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 03:07 PM
    I have a 1979 school bus and have speakers throughout. The radio/head unit was taken out at some point. I would like to listen to ipad sounds through the existing speakers on the bus. Have access to speaker cables and a positive DC lead. What do I need to install to make my music dreams come true. Do not want to reinstall traditional radio. Can I just junction left front and rear and right front and rear and wire them to a 1/8" stereo adapter and plug them right into the headphone jack? Do I need some kind of signal booster?
    You will need a receiver plain and simple buy a cheap one on Amazon just hard wire it in then use a aux cable to the ipad

If you get a better receiver then you can use the USB cable or been bluetooth to stream music.

I looked Into this many times and a receiver is the only way with the lowest cost
    11-30-2013 03:12 PM
    Why are you so reluctant on getting a head unit? Cyber Monday is coming and I'm sure you can get some amazing deals on good units. Plus I don't see any other logical option for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-30-2013 04:34 PM
    What are my options?
    Your options are to get some sort of other external speaker that will plug into the headphone jack.

Using the car speakers isn't going to happen and isn't a realistic expectation.
    11-30-2013 04:36 PM