What are the advantages of having a cellular iPad Air?

I

iMore Question

What are the advantages of having a cellular IPad Air is you travel and am an avid photographer. It is needed?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Internet on the fly. That's about it. I personally just use my hotspot from my phone if I want internet on my iPad on the go. My wife prefers to have the cellular powered iPad because she doesn't like actually working on things with her iPad via hotspot and having it interrupted by phone calls.

si001

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned internet on the fly when your away from wifi.
Personally I use tethering from my cell phone to avoid more monthly fees ;)

Joan Alaniz

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
there is one very big advantage of having a cellular ipad specially if you travel alot and take pictures frequently because most of the wifi nearby is password protected and you might want to use social media instantly. lets say your traveling to other places and take pictures stay in a hotel and hotel wifi is very expensive every night so its worth spending the extra on the cellular version ipad and its worth paying $10 to $50 monthly on cellular depending on your carrier and plans you choose rather than spending $15 dollars for slow wifi per night at the hotel because you buy a wifi only model. wifi only models are suitable for people who dont travel much and for people who might not be interested in photography or take photos casually, but on most smart phones you have the tethering option just in case.
all in all, in your position i highly encourage you to invest on the extra cellular capability and a monthly data plan for extra convinience and security. thanks for taking the time to read and taking my advice, sincerily joan.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I got a cellular ipad 2 for a vacation to California back in 2011 with my girlfriend. She is a very talented amateur photographer and wanted somewhere to store her photos and to post the best ones to social media whilst we were out and about.

I used it constantly on the train whilst travelling into London. Brilliant to be able to surf the net whilst on the go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1