Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Disappearing email accounts

Hey everyone,

My wife upgraded her iphone 4s to ios 7 and she's having issues with her email accounts.

Everyone once in awhile they all disappear. In settings they say they are still there, but going into the mail app none of them appear. I checked to make sure they are not just disabled and they are not, in face if you go into Edit they don't even show up. Just a few minutes ago she was working and then suddenly they were not there anymore. She rebooted the phone and they showed up but they were ordered differently (which is a minor but frustrating issue).

Has anyone else experienced something like this and if so do you have a fix? It's really frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
    iMore Beginner

92 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Re: Disappearing email accounts

I have the same phone and the same issue. The only thing I have found that works is restarting my phone. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

My only suggestion is that if it is a known email or one of the accounts that is is already listed in the phone email settings.... Delete the account and after restarting you phone reconfigure the account again and see if this does not help out with your problem on a more permanent basis.
    iMore Newbie

27 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

My issue is the same. 3 accounts: icloud, imap, & gmail exchange. 1 or 2 will disappear for a while and then just come back. All 3 are configured in settings. Never noticed anything like this happening before the latest update. I'm on a 4s running 7.0.4