Converting, Tagging or Editing video files for TV Shows

NMGMarques

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all.

New to the iPhone camp so please go easy on me. Searched for "TV Shows" to make sure I get all results, but the 2 pages of results have no bearing on this issue.

First, the specs:
Product:
iPhone 5​
7.0.4​
Jailbroken:
No​

Second, right off the bat, it's both a personal and company device. So I won't / can't jailbreak it however much I would like to :(

This said, I have an issue. Have me some of my favorite shows on HDD, ripped from my DVD and BluRay collection, all in .mp4 files. I can import them to iTunes but they only show up under video. If I change the type to tv shows, they do change to that in iTunes.

Problem: syncing the files to the phone makes them show up under videos, not tv shows (except Breaking Bad... For some reason this awesome sauce series shows up as episodes in the tv shows tab).

Question: how can I make all my series and respective episodes show under TV Shows. Thought it might be the tags, but I can't tell where's the difference between a Breaking Bad episode and a Firefly episode.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you mass select them, click on the Get Info option and change them? I'm just guessing here and have no videos/TV shows to experiment with.

NMGMarques

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I can and have. They show up under TV Shows in iTunes, but after moving to phone, they show up under videos. All except Breaking Bad.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Also try doing a get info on your ripped TV shows in iTunes and under Artist put the name of the TV show and under album put the name of the TV show.

#Naked Tuesday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro