imessage 7.0.4

I

iMore Question

Okay, so this may be really easy to answer, but I have been looking forever. Okay, so my friend never used to have an iPhone, but they just got the 5s tonight. I have the 4s and I can recieve his iMessages but when I try to send them back, they send as SMS. Is there a way to possibly fix this? I tried to reset my Network settings but that did not work. I tried to reset the contact by deleting the contact but it is just not working. I feel like I have tried everything!

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so this may be really easy to answer, but I have been looking forever. Okay, so my friend never used to have an iPhone, but they just got the 5s tonight. I have the 4s and I can recieve his iMessages but when I try to send them back, they send as SMS. Is there a way to possibly fix this? I tried to reset my Network settings but that did not work. I tried to reset the contact by deleting the contact but it is just not working. I feel like I have tried everything!

First thing, check to see if you have iMessage on. Go to settings and scroll down to messages. Click on it. You'll see a button allowing you to turn on and off iMessage.

Try that first.

saramedina1216

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
First thing, check to see if you have iMessage on. Go to settings and scroll down to messages. Click on it. You'll see a button allowing you to turn on and off iMessage.

Try that first.
Okay, I have and it is still not working!:( I fell like it could be just a bug with 7.0.4 but I'm not sure.

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Does it send iMessage then switch to text? Could be other end. Data off will switch to text. My mom had a prepay and sends as iMessage on wifi and normal text when she is out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so this may be really easy to answer, but I have been looking forever.
. I understand.
Okay, so my friend never used to have an iPhone, but they just got the 5s tonight. I have the 4s and I can recieve his iMessages but when I try to send them back, they send as SMS. Is there a way to possibly fix this?
it could be a number of reasons for the failed sent messages but I'll just try to find the problem.

1. Have your friend go to Settings-Messages and then scroll down to the "Send & Receive" section and then tap on it.
2. Make sure your friend's phone number has a checkmark in front of it in both the "You Can Be Reached At" section AND the "Start New Conversations From" section.
3. On your device, make sure it is the same with your number.
4. Now go go Settings-General-Reset and then select "Reset Network Setting". Now try sending a message to your friend.
I tried to reset my Network settings but that did not work. I tried to reset the contact by deleting the contact but it is just not working. I feel like I have tried everything!
You can also try disabling the iMessage option, rebooting your device, and then re-enabling it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner