Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default iPad mini ID

After receiveing the update for IOs 7.4, we have to set up the device again; at the moment we are doing just that, a screen shows up with your Apple ID on it [the original e-mail used when the initial set up was done, and supposedly was going to be the alternate address for further communications]. Inmediately, underneath that box, there is a statement saying {that do not worry, this can be changed from setting} What happened afterwards is that the e-mail was used as Apple ID, and the assigned (yourname@icloud.com - yourname@me.com) are used as alternate, even though you can use them normally with no consecuenses later on, but the original one is being used as the Apple ID. I just found out that apparently, that e-mail can not be changed. The only way you can get around it is creating a new account.
    Is there any possible way [without deleting the #1] that we can change that? We will appreciate any help or clarification on this subject matter.
    Last edited by Karenkcoulter; 11-26-2013 at 12:35 PM.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: iPad mini ID

Edited to remove user's personal email.