Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default 32 gb or 64 gb?

I am looking to buy an ipad for my 6 year old son. I bought him a Kindle Fire HD 16 gb 2 years ago and the storage is full on it. He has lots of games and likes to watch movies on netflix and use sites like disney jr and abc mouse. And of course listen to music. I would like something that will "grow" with him and I won't have to replace in the next 2 years. So will a 32 gb be enough or should I go ahead and splurge on the 64gb? Thanks!
    iMore Elite

2,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

Default Re: 32 gb or 64 gb?

I personally have a 64gb iPad because I am a college student. I have a lot of applications installed and I have all of my HD games on it, so it takes up most of the space. My grandma and kid brother on the other hand have 16gb models, she plays a lot of games and has just about reached her top point. My kid brother does the exact same thing as your son, except he's older and has much bigger sized games. Judging from our usage, 32gb just might be enough. He'll be deleting games after he gets tired of them and/or if he outgrows them, that there will make room for new games and such; and since movie streaming is such a big deal now, you don't have to store movies or shows on your device if it's unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk