? about Find My iPhone

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I lost my iPad mini on November 15th; I left it on an airplane. (No, I am NOT coping well!) After running back through the airport to the gate, only to find the plane had already left, I immediately put it in 'Lost' mode with my iPhone. More than a week later, it still shows as 'Offline'. I noticed there is also an 'Erase iPad' button. Should I use that too? I know it's not supposed to be possible for anyone else to get into my iPad when it's in lost mode, but I'm really worried about everything stored on it. Fortunately all the passwords, etc., are in 1Password, but there are other things I don't want people to get their hands on. HELP!

Thanks,
Laura

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I were you, I'd definitely erase the device's contents, but that's Just Me, D. I mean, unless you had your name and an alternate phone number on the lock screen, it will be difficult for anyone to know who you or to contact you. Does the airline have a "lost & found" section?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nobody will have access to any information. Lost Mode contains a password access code.

Good luck on getting it back soon!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have hopes of getting it back, don't erase it yet; just in case someone powers it on. Leave a message with your contact information in the alert. Id check frequently to see if it's online.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk