- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
I have an iPhone 4S with an applied, I recently added a 5c for my wife using my same Apple ID. I accidentally associated her phone with my Apple ID and my phone number. Now she has all of my contacts and when I receive a text message she does as well. I created a new Apple ID for her but still the text messages still are duplicating between both devices. Is there a way to separate the two devices?
- 11-23-2013, 12:00 PM #2
Re: iCloud help.
As long as the Apple IDs are not associated with each other, it should work. I used to have ONE Apple ID for purchases on all of the iPhones within my family, but separate Apple IDs/iCloud accounts to maintain individual privacy. Having said that, sign out of iMessage AND FaceTime on both devices, and then reboot. After rebooting, sign back in to iMessage & FaceTime with the individual Apple ID on each device.
- 11-23-2013, 12:17 PM #3
- 11-25-2013, 02:09 PM #5
- By Chris Parsons in forum Apple Security TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 12-18-2013, 03:53 PM
- By kataran in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 11-28-2013, 10:21 AM
- By olegma in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-23-2013, 09:52 AM
- By jsntrenkler in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 5Last Post: 11-22-2013, 08:24 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM