Old Jailbreak file causing RAM issues on iPhone 5s

I

iMore Question

Right I need some help.
There's a file called backboardd which is causing my phone to run out of memory and it randomly restarts every so often.

This file is associated with a jailbreak, something I haven't done on my iPhone 5s (because I can't, I think), so must have tucked itself away in an iCloud restore at some point, and has loaded, and is running, somewhere in the background of my phone.

Any one know where this file lives, I can then try an delete it with iExplorer/remove it another way?

Thanks folks!

fk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Backboardd is not a dormant jailbreak file...they really can't be written into a back up in that way, so at least on that note, you can rest assured that is not the case.

Backboardd is actually something that runs with springboard and is a normal part of iOS made to take some of the stress of springboard itself.

As to why it is crashing so much, that is beyond me (but you are not the only one that has reported that if you do a google search...there are several threads on Apple's forum reflecting the same thing).

Make a genius bar appointment and get a replacement. That would be your best course of action in my opinion.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Backboardd was introduced in iOS 6 to take some of the stress off the springboard process.

If I remember correctly it collects info every time you touch the screen then processes the info then passes it to the springboard process but I could be wrong.

I have no idea what causes the backboardd process to crash but usually turning off and turning back on your device should do the trick. If it continues to keep happening try restoring as new, no backup and see if it's still happening. If not restore your backup back on your iPhone, if not make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your closes apple store.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S on order) using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2