How do you delete photo albums from the iPhone?

I

iMore Question

i had transfered the albums from my computer to iphone 5, now i't want to delete them. but i don't have garbage icone to slide them to garbage , how can i do that

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread retitled for question clarity.

If you are using iOS 7, click on Albums, Edit (top right), then tap the little Red circle next to the Albums that you want to delete.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
No, you can only delete albums you have directly created on the iPhone this way.
If you want to delete albums you transfered with iTunes you have to delete them via iTunes... Just plug your phone in, go to the photo section in iTunes where you can sync the photo albums it and synch another album you want or if you don't want any other album to sync just disable it and click the sync button.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No, you can only delete albums you have directly created on the iPhone this way.
If you want to delete albums you transfered with iTunes you have to delete them via iTunes... Just plug your phone in, go to the photo section in iTunes where you can sync the photo albums it and synch another album you want or if you don't want any other album to sync just disable it and click the sync button.
This is all completely true but to clarify one point. When you go to photos on the top of iTunes with your phone plugged in and any album that was syncd, Simply remove the check mark from the box for that album, then sync, This will remove it from your phone. :)

jocelynch

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I have just seen an solution, that is to delete an album that you have transferred from your computer is to create an empty folder and name it the same as the album that you want to delete on your iPhone. Connect your phone to your computer and open iTunes. Go to photos for 'sync photos from' select your empty folder and then click on sync. This should delete the album. I just tried it and it happened to work. And here is an article about another solution to delete iPhone photos.
You can have a try! Best luck!

Read more: http://www.transfer-iphone-recovery.com/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro