ipad cannot send email on one account.

I

iMore Question

Hello, I have three emails on my Ipad. All were working fine until a couple of weeks ago. One email is gmail, one email is time warner and one email is insightbb.com which is time warner but has not migrated yet, it is a business account. It is the one that can receive emails but not send emails. I have called Time warner but they provide no help, except to give port numbers. I have deleted the account and re-added the account. I have set up an icloud account. I have deleted Safari history and cookies. I have checked all port numbers, and made sure all servers are on, passwords and names are correct. It keeps telling me "Cannot Send Mail, the user name or password for SMTP:and my name@insightbb.com@mail.insightbb.com" is incorrect. I have no clue what to do next. I did receive another software update just recently and have not done that yet. I am wondering if the update I did in October had something to do with my problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kaye

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are absolutely certain your business email account is set up correctly, do the following:

1. Reboot your iPad
2. Try to send a test email to one of your other email accounts
3. If it works, great, if not, go to Settings->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings"
4. Try to send another test email.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you do not need to go to a Network Admin for your business email or even if you do, Can you or he or she delete the account and re add it. Most times just this fixes the issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen