- iMore Nanite
- 4 Posts
Serious iPhone 5 problem.
A few days back, my music on the iPhone 5 started pausing itself. With that said, I'm referring to the native music player on the iPhone/iOS 7, mind you, not any app such as Spotify, Rdio, etc, as I haven't tried those.
The music has started pausing more and more frequently, sometimes when I turn off the screen, when I recieve a text or after a call. The music also has a tendency to go off after I've finished a call, or that Siri automatically starts, interrupting the current music playing.
I've Googled the issue loosely for a few weeks back and forth and have found people with similiar issues to mine that claimed that it can be a home button issue and that I should have my phone looked at. That would however not explain why my music keeps pausing, fast forwarding, skipping songs etc.
It has now gotten to the point where I get the urge to impulsively bounce the phone of a brick wall or break it in half out of mere frustration. And no, my device is not jailbroken.
Any help would be immensely appreciated.
- 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM #2
Re: Serious iPhone 5 problem.
Try the following, if you haven't already:
1. Reboot your device
2. Go to Settings->General->Music and see if "Shake to Shuffle" is enabled. If so, disable it and see if that fixes he problem.
3. If the music you are referring to is music that is physically on the device and not being streamed, then you may want to back up your device via iTunes and then restore it.
4. If you are uncomfortable with restoring your device, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.
Last edited by Just_Me_D; 07-21-2015 at 08:53 AM.
- 07-21-2015, 08:50 AM #4
- By apptalk in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 13Last Post: 12-06-2013, 01:56 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2013, 11:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2013, 08:46 AM
- By sarochka in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM
- By sarochka in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-19-2013, 06:50 AM