Okay Windows techies, want a puzzle?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm using a Dell Inspiron that I've had for 2 1/2 years now. As of over the weekend I am unable to open Office Starter anymore. I get an error code when trying to open a file, nothing at all when I try to open Excel or Word (even from Start menu), I can't change or uninstall it because I get a Click-2-Run error. I need to use Excel for a couple documents for work or else I don't get paid. Microsoft help desk was no help, they said it's a manufacturer update but everyone has had issues with Office since a Windows update back in September. So given the field I'm playing on here (Google hasn't been helpful), how do I get Office Starter to start working again? Also, I have never done a backup on my computer yet (yes, yes I know, 2 1/2 years and no backup, I'll change that) so I think a restore is out of the question, Microsoft says a system restore would effect my personal documents though. Anyway, anyone have any ideas?

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
they said it's a manufacturer update but everyone has had issues with Office since a Windows update back in September.

That's likely the issue right there. If you go to the list of programs in Programs and Features, you will see a program called Microsoft Office 2010, installed on or after 09/10/2013. Simply uninstall it and you're good to go. Make sure you only uninstall "Microsoft Office 2010"!!!!!!!!! You'll also have programs including Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Microsoft Office Starter. Leave those there.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
That's likely the issue right there. If you go to the list of programs in Programs and Features, you will see a program called Microsoft Office 2010, installed on or after 09/10/2013. Simply uninstall it and you're good to go. Make sure you only uninstall "Microsoft Office 2010"!!!!!!!!! You'll also have programs including Microsoft Office Click-to-run and Microsoft Office Starter. Leave those there.

Yeah, look at me forgetting info even when I think about it. Crazy part is I already uninstalled Office 2010, still can do nothing with Click-2-Run or Office Starter. I may have to go the Open Office route.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity 2 You

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2