Attachment photos

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
What method do you use to attach photos I mostly use photobucket which you can control your forum attachments if you uploaded to imore I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be by to help you out shortly

Sent from my iPhone 5

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Grunt When you say attachment photos within iMore that you uploaded is this what you mean and now you want to remove them from iMore? I need to know if this is what you are talking about first of all.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Lets say you do want to delete the photos you uploaded to iMore to your posts. Go into like 20K and start a post and when you finish say a small post go to advanced where you upload photos and when you get to the photo uploader just simply remove the photos by either right clicking and I believe there is a delete or remove option and you can get rid of them that way. Actually it would be under Manage attachments....

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Lets say you do want to delete the photos you uploaded to iMore to your posts. Go into like 20K and start a post and when you finish say a small post go to advanced where you upload photos and when you get to the photo uploader just simply remove the photos by either right clicking and I believe there is a delete or remove option and you can get rid of them that way. Actually it would be under Manage attachments....

Did what you suggested, but there's no option to delete any of the photos.:confused:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did what you suggested, but there's no option to delete any of the photos.:confused:

1. Select "Edit Post"
2. Select "Go Advanced"
3. Scroll down to the "Attachments" section and then select "Manage Attachments"
4. Scroll to the bottom to see the attached photos for the particular post you're viewing.
5. When you tap on the blank square, the selected photo will display an x. Simply tap on the x to delete it.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
How do i delete some old attachment photos, from within iMore? Thanks.:confused:

Hi grunt0300! I post a lot of wallpapers and on occasion I have goofed...imagine that... and posted an incorrect image.
Jag was correct on manage your attachments suggestion but lets so thru the steps.

Navigate to the post in which you want to remove the image from
click 'edit post' then 'go advance' scroll down to 'manage attachments'
when you select 'manage attachments' a new window will appear. Scroll down again until you see the image you want and select 'remove'.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
1. Select "Edit Post"
2. Select "Go Advanced"
3. Scroll down to the "Attachments" section and then select "Manage Attachments"
4. Scroll to the bottom to see the attached photos for the particular post you're viewing.
5. When you tap on the blank square, the selected photo will display an x. Simply tap on the x to delete it.

I'm talking about photos that are already in the "upload file manager".:confused:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking about photos that are already in the "upload file manager".:confused:
So is everyone else....ON the bottom half when you place your cursor over it you will see the X come up on it and it will ask if you are sure you want to delete this asset? Select yes.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Can you select the photo(s) and then tap on the delete key on your computer?

These are photos that are stored in the "file upload manager". Through the years, every photo that i have attached to a post, or a reply, have been added to this "file upload manager". I just wanted to be able to delete certain ones, but i guess that it's not going to happen. There is no "delete" option anywhere that i can find.:confused:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Grunt you know there is a top and bottom half ofthe upload manager. You have to have the photo or image on the bottom half where it tells you to drag it there. That is where when you place your cursor over the image you will see an X to delete the image and then the pop up box you mentioned. You can't delete the ones that are on the top portion.:)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Grunt you know there is a top and bottom half ofthe upload manager. You have to have the photo or image on the bottom half where it tells you to drag it there. That is where when you place your cursor over the image you will see an X to delete the image and then the pop up box you mentioned. You can't delete the ones that are on the top portion.:)

Thanks, that's what i needed to know. Sorry if i didn't explain myself fully. I wanted to delete some photos from the TOP of the file upload manager. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well maybe i will put a hold on this to talk to another Ambassador and Darrick...Sounds like what I was thinking and the other person about a guide.:)

EDIT:
Grunt. See the bottom Portion of the screenshot.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Grunt if you notice no image on the first screenshot and an image I dragged on the bottom half of the second one. That is the one you delete but what you cant see is if you were to just place your mouse on the image on the bottom half an X will appear top right and that is what you use to delete. after that a box will pop up to ask you if you wish to delete that asset? Hope all is clear now.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe i will put a hold on this to talk to another Ambassador and Darrick...Sounds like what I was thinking and the other person about a guide.:)

EDIT:
Grunt. See the bottom Portion of the screenshot.

View attachment 42512View attachment 42513

Grunt if you notice no image on the first screenshot and an image I dragged on the bottom half of the second one. That is the one you delete but what you cant see is if you were to just place your mouse on the image on the bottom half an X will appear top right and that is what you use to delete. after that a box will pop up to ask you if you wish to delete that asset? Hope all is clear now.

I've got it. But it would be nice to be able to delete a photo permanently, from the top section of the file upload manager. Sometimes, you just want to delete some old photos.:p

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've got it. But it would be nice to be able to delete a photo permanently, from the top section of the file upload manager. Sometimes, you just want to delete some old photos.:p
All you have to do is drag as many from the top to the bottom as you want and the delete them as I told you. Even that is covered my friend. We should get together at First Watch one Sunday for breakfast....:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2