I

iMore Question

My Mail is completely frozen.
Does anybody know how to restart it?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
What type of mail provider are you using if it's a POP you could try and delete the account and re-add it

Sent from my iPhone 5

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
My Mail is completely frozen.
Does anybody know how to restart it?

Welcome to iMore! I'm sorry to hear that your are having trouble with your email. I know how completely aggravating that can be.
As jsntrekler inquired we probably need just a bit more information to be able to assist you. Kataran may have hit a possible reason as to why you are having difficulity.

If the email account in question is a POP email rather than an IMAP I may have a solution for you.

POP email was designed to support one device at a time. Now this doesn't mean you cant have same POP account on your iPhone and computer it just means that you cant have them both trying to receive your email at the same time or you have retrieved email from one device for this account and within a short time frame also try to look at this same account on another device. The easiest fix if this is the email account in question is to just log out of one or the other. Or simply put turn your phone off then back on or your computer off and back on. I would choose my phone :)

I have several mail accounts and thank goodness only one is a POP account. Yes I could change it to IMAP but I don't for particular reasons. Being stubborn is one.
When I cant retrieve my email on my desktop because I have accessed it from my phone shortly before, I just turn off my iPhone and turn it back on again and 'viola'...you've got mail :) again on your desktop.
It may seem like a crazy workaround but it works!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73