was apple store square one POS system really down ?

maxtweet

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wanted to know if I got fed BS.

Went to the Apple Store - Square One in Mississauga, ON @ 3:00pm yesterday.

10 blue shirts were lined up blocking the entrance, one of the reps asked me what I was looking for ..

I advised her that I wanted a case for my iPhone, but she told me the entire POS system is down and they would not be able to help me out today.

I find it funny that people were in the store and after I left other customers were let in.

Was it possible they blocked the store for personal iPad mini retina pickups ??

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,
Just wanted to know if I got fed BS.

Went to the Apple Store - Square One in Mississauga, ON @ 3:00pm yesterday.

10 blue shirts were lined up blocking the entrance, one of the reps asked me what I was looking for ..

I advised her that I wanted a case for my iPhone, but she told me the entire POS system is down and they would not be able to help me out today.

I find it funny that people were in the store and after I left other customers were let in.

Was it possible they blocked the store for personal iPad mini retina pickups ??

I don't see what the point of them feeding you BS would be, especially if it was impeding a sale in their store. It's very possible that the people being let in were not purchasing anything, and probably had genius bar appointments (where the POS system would be irrelevant). New item pick ups are 100% of the time handled with roped off lines outside of the stores themselves, they've always done that on major releases, so no, i don't think it was the iPad Mini release.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I had ordered iPad yesterday for in store pickup. Pre-auth went through and email came in saying it was ready. At store they had to do a card print and let me take the iPad with me understanding they would finalize the credit when the system came back online. This was not a fabricated situation with their network. The manager said it sometimes occurs very briefly, but lasting this long has never happened in her memory.

Cheers, @scatabrain

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums maxtweet, stinks when systems go down. A few years back when Apple was using windows mobile devices for checkout it seemed as if outages occurred often, or at least when I was there to make a purchase, I understand the frustration. I have personally been pleased with the Apple Store app, I purchase all my cases and accessories with it in store. I wonder if it would have worked?