IPhone 5S question on Fingerprint ID
Hey guys, just wanted to know if I need to keep my phone locked in order to use the fingerprint ID to buy apps and songs from either Itunes or app store. Seems they only ask for fingerprint ID only when I have my phone set to lock when it goes to sleep, and I rather not keep it locked. And I rather use the fingerprint as opposed to typing my apple password all the time. Thanks...
- 11-14-2013, 09:52 AM #2
Re: IPhone 5S question on Fingerprint ID
You could set auto lock to never. Settings>General>auto lock>never. You can buy apps with touch ID without the phone being locked.
If you manually lock it with the sleep wake button you'll have to use touch ID or pass code. Unless you turn pass code and touch ID off. You can also have touch ID for just App Store purchase and not phone unlock.
- 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2014, 08:52 AM
- By john_v in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2013, 08:20 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2013, 07:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2013, 06:38 AM
- By Tkoponen in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2013, 12:19 AM