Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default How to restore lost contacts on Iphone 3G with iOS 2.2 ?

Hey guys! I have searched all around the web for a solution to the following problem:

I have an old Iphone 3G running iOS 2.2 (5G77). It has never been backed up in Itunes! It is not Jailbroken.
    It does not have iCloud (back in iOS 2.2 there was no iCloud)... And the problem is that I've lost all contacts in it.

I lost all contacts when I synced it for the very first time in a friend's notebook, and iTunes exported all my colleague contacts to my iPhone, deleting all of my own.
    I didn't make any back up, never, not on Windows Contacts, neither on Outlook.

So, any suggestions to how to get my contacts back? All I need is to see them one more time, it may even be as a .txt file, or as part of a code... All I need are the names and phone numbers. Then I print them and keep them stored somewhere.

Ive tried all the Iphone Recovery Tools available in the web:
    Dr Fone
    Fone Rescue
    IOS Data Recovery
    ...but all failed at recognizing my phone and finding the deleted contacts.

Do you guys suggest a Jailbreak + "BYclouder Partition Recovery" ? If so, how can I jailbreak an iOS 2.2 without installing a complete new update (which will consequently reboot all my data again!)
    And does anyone know where is the folder (under "Root") where I can access iPhone deleted files? (and how can I access it withou a Jailbreak?)

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Default Re: How to restore lost contacts on Iphone 3G with iOS 2.2 ?

If the data recovery methods you've tried thus far have failed, you may be out of luck. I'd like to think that you have contacts associated with an email service of some sort somewhere. If not, you should, and whenever you rebuild your contact list, please make a backup as well as keep an exported file of them in a safe place.

Welcome to iMore people 😊

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s
    iMore Elite

2,631 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,702 Global Posts

I see it as you being out of luck. Which sucks!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S