icloud problem on ipod

I

iMore Question

Hello

I recently changed my email address which was my original username/account for icloud on my ipod.
I set up a new account with my new email address but my ipod still only recognizes the old email.
It's asking for my old password, that I can't remember and the old email account is no longer active so I can't change my password.
I'm currently living in Jamaica with no land line so the 1-800 numbers won't work and when I email for support with my cell number they say they can't reach me! I'm soooo frustrated been working on this all day!!!
Can you help me?
I found the option on the ipod to delete the old account but it says I'll lose all documents stored in icloud from this ipod????

Thanks

Karen

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. You will lose the associated docs on the device, but they will still be available via the iCloud website, but since you cannot remember the associated password, you need to offload those docs to an external disk or an easily accessible cloud storage service like Dropbox for safe keeping before you delete the account and configure your device with the new iCloud information.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro