Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Play podcasts and music in car by bluetooth

I have an iPhone 4 (iOS 7) and Honda CRV (2010).
    The phone connects with the OEM Bluetooth system correctly. (Mutes the radio, auto answers etc).
    Google Maps also connects now since iOS7 installed. (The first time I opened it after the update, the phone asked me to allow access to the microphone, which I did.)
    However I can't get Podcasts or Apple Maps to play through the car audio system.
    I have looked in Settings/Privacy/Microphone to see if there was a switch. Only app there was Google Maps, showing green (on) as expected.
    Skype was not shown there, even though I have seen several posts that suggest it should be.
    As a test, I installed Shazam, and it now shows up there as well.

My conclusion is that the hardware and bluetooth services in the phone and car are not the problem, because Google Maps works.

How can I get Music and Podcasts on my iPhone to play through the car audio system?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Default Re: Play podcasts and music in car by bluetooth

The only thing I can suggest is to delete Bluetooth from both ends and then re-pair the devices.