Is it normal for iCloud restore on new 5S from a 4s iCloud backup to take 12+ hours?

I

iMore Question

I just bought the 5S, at the Apple store and the new phone was activated at the store, and the iCloud restore from the most recent backup was begun on the stores' Wifi.. When I got home, and setup the new phone for Wifi successfully, it continued.. but 16 hours later, still half the apps are greyed out and sever have progress circles that havent seemed to move in hours.... my photos and videos have made some progress, 1700 photos, 120 vids maybe... I left the phone plugged in and on wifi overnight..

I was just wondering if Ive done something wrong or is it normal for the whole thing to take this long? I dont think I have over 80 apps, and I didnt expect it to take this long...

Thanks.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It shouldn't take that long, depending on what your using for internet and wifi can have different download speeds.

Onedef1

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Thread OP here;

Thats what I ended up doing... will see how it goes... I erased all content and settings on the new phone and started over. I waited all day for that to finish. 24 hours after starting it... blah.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This may or may not be related to the OP's issue... but iOS 7.0.3 is a firmware update as well as an OS update. When I had my iPhone 5S replaced, it came with 7.0.2, but refused to reload my backup (which was created on my previous 5S with 7.0.3). I had to update the new 5S to 7.0.3 before the backup would restore...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost