No Internet Connection in 3G when no Wi-Fi

I

iMore Question

My daughter has her new iPhone 5S and is having the same problem she had with her 4S. We have Verizon. When she is connected to a Wi-Fi Network, she can access the web. The minute she has no Wi-Fi signal, when she tries to access the web, she receives a no internet connection error message. She cannot get to the web with 3G. However, as soon as she turns Wi-Fi off, she can get to the web via 3G. We checked and her Settings, Cellular, Use Cellular Data is set to on. Any idea what could be causing this on both her old and new phone. We have two more iPhones on our shared package and neither of those is having this issue. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did she set up her new device with a backup of her old device? If so, that could be the problem. Do the following:

1. Go to Settings->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". Afterwards, check to see whether or not she has 3G or LTE access.

If not, do the following after you've offloaded any photos, music, messages, etcetera that you want to keep.

a. Put your device in DFU mode.
b. Connect it to your computer via the USB Cable.
c. Initiate the computer's iTunes app, preferably the latest version.
d. After iTunes detect the device, select "restore".
e. After the restore is complete, set up the device as new, and not from a backup.
f. Check to make sure you have 3G and/or LTE service.

If you do not, call Verizon and see if they can troubleshoot it from their end.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro