Subscribed calendars don't update on iPad

I

iMore Question

Hi everyone,

I have several subscribed calendars in iCloud, mostly for sports events of my favourite teams. They update just fine on the Mac and iPhone 4S, but don't on my iPad 3. Both are running on iOS 7.0.3, the Mac is on Mavericks. I am not completely sure, but I think this problem already existed before I updated to iOS7. I've been on mavericks ever since the first developer preview came out and haven't had those calendars before. And as it's working just fine with my iPhone I think it can't be that. I've already tried re-adding the calendars, but nothing's changed.

Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All of my subscribed and shared calendars appear on ALL of my Apple devices so I don't know what to tell you except the following:

1. Double-check the calendar app and make sure your subscribed calendars are checked, if visible.
2. Delete the iCloud account from your iPad, reboot the device, and then re-configure iCloud.

Jean Grey

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's not that they don't show up, they are there! They just don't update. For example today there's a match at 9pm that used to be scheduled for tomorrow at 5pm. My Mac and iPhone show the updated date, the iPad still the old one. It's like that with every subscribed calendar, but only on the iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh okay. Try a reboot and/or go to Setting->General->Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings". As a longshot, go to Settings->General and then make sure that "Background App Refresh" is enabled.

Jean Grey

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Nope, didn't work unfortunately. Background App Refresh is activated. I'll try and delete them from iCloud completely. Obviously i won't see if it worked immediately, only when some events have been updated, but this is the only thing to do I can think of right now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2