auto join

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
does anybody know why auto join( in wifi settings)
only shows up when I'm at a retail wifi source? I ask this
because this setting when turned on seems to stop me
having to log on every time I re- open my phone( to check
news, apps etc )
when I'm at home auto join tab does not show up at all, so that when my phone drops wifi and goes to edge,
I have to go into settings and re open wifi, rather than does it automatically, this is I admit, intermittent and also irritating !

from an iphone 4 on ios 6:3

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that it is a security measure letting you know that you are joining or about to join a public hotspot. It is not uncommon to be prompted to agree to the terms set forth by a business offering free Wi-Fi even if you've connected to it before.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If I remember correctly Auto Join is for any wifi network where you have successfully entered the password and joined the network. If you don't get the option try clicking on your home network, then select "Forget this network". Turn off your wifi, go into multi-tasking and close the Settings. Reboot the phone and turn Wifi on, join your network, you will need to put in the password. If you still don't get the option you may need to try a reset of network settings. You find it under Settings, General, Reset and tap reset network settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73